Hi twouptom. Being thoughtful is not just relevant to labor....

1. 2,406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Hi twouptom.

Being thoughtful is not just relevant to labor.

Whoever holds the role of government should be thoughtful in their decision making and not just to the issue of immigration.

Even Bob Carr has stated it is not needed at this point in time.

Apparently the immigration that is currently happening is just catching up to what was supposed to have happened, during COVID and so catch-up, not to be confused with an American condiment.

In some ways to me, it seems like a Ponzi scheme for the economy and similar to the US at the moment for votes in the future.

Humanitarian reasons should always be considered as in after WW2, with thorough investigation into backgrounds even though this can be time consuming.

If not you will end up with situations that are manifesting currently.

Governments are supposed to keep the country safe through their respective agencies and that should be paramount.

Obviously, people want to help others but usually not at their own peril.

Infrastructure is a major problem which includes roads and transport, water and waste, health services, education, welfare, etc..

An acute problem that is affecting many people and not just immigrants, is housing with only one home being built for every four new immigrants, currently.

So, being thoughtful is more about what is going to happen to B, C, D, E, etc., when I do A.

Consequences and ramifications in other words.

Would you invite a potential pedophile home if you had young children or a thief if you had valuables ?

Most people would be thoughtful about that or very careful and attentive if they did, imo.

Similar to the renewables transition.

It is fine to make electric vehicles, but if you do not have the power generation in place, adequate and effective charging stations, then there are going to be problems as can be seen in places like California.

They have problems, especially for people that do not have off street parking and charging facilities at home.

Think cues that stretch for many vehicles as well as having to wait many hours.

I could go on but, I already have.

I am not anti immigration as I am the result of and very grateful to an immigration policy by the greatest country on earth and I’m proud to be an Australian and that’s why I live here and not somewhere else.

Imo.

T.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.