Radio listeners tune out of 6PR as flagship programs hosted by Liam Bartlett & Gareth Parker plunge in ratings

1. 26,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

Radio listeners tune out of 6PR as flagship programs hosted by Liam Bartlett & Gareth Parker plunge in ratings

Nine’s talkback radio station 6PR has suffered dramatic losses in the latest Perth ratings — with big-name star signing Liam Bartlett losing a whopping 22.5 per cent of his audience and Gareth Parker losing ground for the third survey in a row in the crucial breakfast slot.

Parker shed 11.5 per cent of his audience to now sit in fifth position with a 9.2 per cent total audience share.

Earlier this year Parker peaked at a 11.9 per cent share before his colleague Bartlett went on to out-rate him in the following survey.

But it seems Perth listeners are tiring of the pair, with Bartlett’s significant drop putting him back on an 8.6 per cent total audience share in the morning slot.

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/radio-listeners-tune-out-of-6pr-as-flagship-programs-hosted-by-liam-bartlett-gareth-parker-plunge-in-ratings-ng-b881987979z

I am one of the silent number, who for the most part, turn them both off.

Why, one may ask?

Both of them are anti McGowan.

I commend all to go to barlettts interview with bill johnson over the waving of royalty's for mineral resources ,having acquired the Koolyanobbing iron ore mine.
    How does one gauge,the success or failure of an interview?
    Simple, the punters ring up, and blow up.
    Did this occur,after said interview?
    No, not one phone call, I was listening.
    What happened the next day on bartletts show?
    Well, bartlett must have watched the caine mutiny the night before.
    Does anyone remember the strawberry ice-cream scene?
    Well, this was barlett ,the day after the bloody interview.
    Pathetic, arguing to no one ffs.
    No right of reply for johnson.

On another occasion, he was interviewing Rita saffioti, over some land issue.
    He was asking questions, and she, was answering them," in her way ".
    This wasn't good enough for barltett.
    He said " this is how it works, I ask questions, you answer them"
    Yes ,he wants the single word answers ,so it fits ,his agenda, has Rita been back on his show?, don't think so.
    Does he require this of liberal people?, no.
    I listened to him interview peta, she said" labor isn't interested in job"
    Did he question this?, no.

I actually thought a lot more of parker, but like snowwhite ,hes faded.

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.