TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

It is just meaningless, I do not care about AISC figures for 2...

1. 1,538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    It is just meaningless, I do not care about AISC figures for 2 or 3 quarters as these figures have no connection to reality whatsoever.

Take the March quarter e.g., if the overall costs for mining+treatment are 24m from the December quarter minus mining costs for 345k tonnes the 13333 ounces produced saw costs at US$1178/oz. Add in the 345k tonnes that Troy could have used for the cut-back and you are at US$1285. Maybe they mined even more than in the December qt. Higher costs per oz but faster progress on the cut-back, so a good thing. The AISC figures will include additional stuff like exploration (some drilling, road to OC, bridges) and corporate overhead (very low now). AISC figures will not look good of course.

It is essential that Troy management puts 100% of focus on getting OC into production. That is the only important goal. And as it will take some time to get there the secondary goal is to manage current production in a way that finances staying in the jungle until OC comes online. AISC is not important, keeping as much as possible from the cash on hand for as long as possible is important.
    Currently you have less than 50% of the remainder of a crappy mine operating and simultaneously a cut-back and exploration/development of a new mine being done, everything with a huge impact on AISC while really investments into the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.