BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

I don't think so. If you use posters' sentiment expressed here...

1. 7,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    I don't think so.

If you use posters' sentiment expressed here as a gauge, my take on the present market is that there is relatively small, but consistent supply coming from a handful of fed up long term holders who have lost patience, and perhaps some who have bought/held with the wrong expectations. General sentiment on this forum is now reaching absolute despair. Not the sort of environment which attracts new buyers. The damage is compounded when those in absolute despair seek explanation and something to blame for their losses and come on here to blame management, unfavourable data, diminishing market for treatments, etc (all of which may be true to an extent - but I think it's likely these holder's fail to recognise much of their emotion is based on the fact they paid a higher price and their holding is worth less than their investment) - It's hard to remain objective.

What intrigues me, is that during the downtrend, the price has spiked on higher than average volume on good news. Could be wrong, but to me this indicates that there is reasonable demand coming from new buyers, or the long term faithful. It looks to come just after the price appears to reach a floor. Trouble is the buying is not sustained for long, and the price drifts down again, perhaps forcing a few short term holders to exit and further adding to the despair and slow trickle of long termers supply.

Institutional holdings were purchased at considerably higher prices, and any higher than average volume tends to push the price up not down. Perhaps liquidity at this price isn't high enough for serious buying. Perhaps serious buying will come after data. Don't know, but I reckon selling at this point is crazy and when this pops it'll run hard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.