PLS 1.29% $3.15 pilbara minerals limited

Given the increasing (and likely) continuing increase of...

1. 852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    Given the increasing (and likely) continuing increase of shipping costs I've been thinking of alternative ways PLS could get spod out. Given there seems to be port delays everywhere - I've been wondering about airports given they are lower traffic than they were pre-covid.

Outside the box, however why don't PLS buy something like a used c130 to take spod to China? Has a range of 3800km - so could perhaps just reach China from Hedland - however if needed a stop could refuel at a US base in Philippines. Good thing is for runway at Pilgangoora we certainly have the space + could build a runway with a grader that would be good enough for a C130 (as notorious for taking off with no runway). Can apparently carry 19 tonnes of cargo. (source google).

Cost: The current cost per aircraft (new) is US$14 million although Boeing expects that this price will drop to US$7 million for the 69th aircraft. (source google). Then all you have to pay for is fuel, crew and maintenance.

The amount we'd get per plane load would considerably increase if the Calix project comes to fruition (ie much less waste planed).

Could even slap on additional delivery charge for our BMX customers (or offtakers) for express delivery using this, kinda like what ebay does wink.png

Full disclosure: I know jack sh*t about planes - and whether this model would be the best option or not, just the first one that came to thought.

Anyways just some outside the box ramblings for a Thursday arvo as the SP continues to rocket forward.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.15
Change
0.040(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $9.480B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.16 $3.18 $3.12 $71.90M 22.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 112482 $3.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.16 320783 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.