PLS 1.37% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

Ramp up of PLS 5th Ship, page-103

1. 2,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2063
    Hi esh, fancy seeing you hanging around here again with some cleverly put forward "facts" trying to scare the living daylights out of us poor PLS and Li folks!

You are right with your base analysis. According to this http://www.ev-volumes.com/country/total-world-plug-in-vehicle-volumes/ it was 2m cars in 2018.

The 2019 forecast is at least ~3M cars - but do consider that against the back drop of eg the recently released Hyundai Kona - sold out, Jaguar i-Pace - sold out, Porsche Taycan - doubling production due to demand.

And it is here, dear esh, where you go wrong - and given your posting history I will actually submit that you cleverly do this on purpose. My original post opening up this discussion has given you a platform to peddle your supposedly rational but wrong views. You have been found out - at least here. Why?

Because due to the above, BEV car demand will be well north of 3m, many talk about 4m in 2019 and more. No need for links or proof - this is now becoming self evident.

However, the most cunning little twist you make is that you extrapolate from Tesla's numbers and then you assume that Tesla maintains their market share of 14%. I can assure you, they will NOT, as other entrants aggressively move into this space.

Thus, if you just halve their market share, you will double your own global Li demand forecast. Then you adjust for the fact that Li for car batteries only make up a fraction of the global battery quality Li demand (in fact, does anybody have that number handy?) - and then I suggest you come back to us with a revised forecast stating that even I, the great big esh, - along with BMI, Joe Lowry, Howard Klein, etc. now see a supply - demand deficit.

Wouldn't that be news?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.