rampers santa is watching you , page-48

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I find that the market is a smorgasbord of activity with a myriad of approaches that can apply. There are are hundreds of methodologies within fundamental and technical analysis and people seem to choose what suits them. No one method can necessarily work consistently across the board. Think about it, if our TA gives us a buy signal and all investor traders acted on that signal the sp would go through the roof. Conversely if we got a sell signal and everyone decided to sell the sp would collapse. Its not viable.

To me the lesson in this is that it is the smorgasbord of approaches,investment strategies of companies/fundmanagers/ individuals, that provide the opportunity to seek capital returns/profits. Not everyone sells and buys at the same time so its possible to use various methodologies to hopefully extract a profit. IMO both the methods used TwinTurboCelica and Robbbbbbb have their place. If we are looking for the elusive 10 bagger quickly lol, it is more likely to come from an emerging company call it it what you like,maybe speccy,penny dreadful,small cap etc. I think TwinTurboCelica was eluding to the prospect of returns from these types of companies.

In my own mind I have no doubt that applying good TA together with fundamental and economic analysis on mainly bluechips is likely to be the safest way to go in the medium to longer term. I think this is Robbbbbbs approach and it provides both greater safety and potential for good returns. Of course imo the elusive 10 bagger is unlikely to come from a bluechip.Ten times the current BHP price would be over $400 lol. I would need to go for the higher risk small caps for that.

Just back on the bluechips if one uses BHP as an example and you look at its chart over the past 12months and simply attach the common MACD buy signals to the chart you can see that over the 12 month period if one acted on all the Buy/Sell signals it would have produced a good profit over the 12months. Of course in a very bearish market short selling may give me the best results albeit I cant stand the short selling concept. My point with the BHP example is that good money can be made trading bluechips providing I use a disciplined approach and take account all the relevant factors and more importantly, solid proven companies will probably be a safer bet.

The ten bagger though if and when it comes will likely be from an emerging company. Here's hoping its one I hold lol.

Just my ramblings and opinions on the vexing subject of stock trading. IMO always take personal responsibility and DYOR.

Cheers and hope you are all having a good time this public holiday. My stomach is already pickled from good cheer so I will have a nice cuppa instead of the usual.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.