MGO 0.00% 14.0¢ marengo mining limited

ramu mine injunction: injunction refused

1. 6,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Looks like the Chinese have a win.

Papua New Guinea Mine Watch
    Skip to contentHomeAbout PNG Mine Watch ?? Ramu mine injunction: Judge dismisses defendants argumentsJuly 26, 2011 ?? 1:28 pm ?? Jump to CommentsRamu mine injunction: Injunction refused
    LIVE FROM MADANG: Justice Canning sitting in the National Court in Madang has refused an application by indigenous landholders for a permanent injunction preventing the marine dumping of toxic waste from the Ramu nickel mine.

The judge said that although the landholders did have standing, had established that there was a serious likelihood of irreversible harm that would constitute both a public and private nuisance and that the dumping would breach the National Goals and Directive Principles in Papua New Guinea??s Constitution, he was refusing the application for a permanent injunction.

Justice Canning gave as his reasons for refusing the plaintiff??s application their delay in bringing a court action, the fact the marine dumping has been approved by the government and the economic consequences for the mining company and investor confidence if the marine dumping was stopped

http://ramumine.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/ramu-mine-injunction-injunction-refused/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.