HIG 0.00% 10.5¢ highlands pacific limited

Why would the PNG Government commence marine monitoring off the...

1. 277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Why would the PNG Government commence marine monitoring off the coast of Madang for the Ramu Mickel Mine? With a decision pending on whether marine dumping of the mine tailings is legal or not, if the court was to outlaw marine dumping, the Government would have wasted millions of dollars on it's monitoring programme. In the decision pending, the court will ask that they guarantee that the proposed deep sea tailings placement at Ramu is managed effectively, and the Government now has the tool to do that. With the first report due in October in terms of the monitoring of the dumping, the answer as to why they are doing this is that the court ruling will allow marine dumping, under the proviso that the montitoring is undertaken, and the results are within the parameters deemed acceptable (that will be technical). So yes, the court ruling will be favourable, and it's full steam ahead. The government is investing in the benefits of what this project will bring to the econony, and now they have even more of a vested interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.