HIG 0.00% 10.5¢ highlands pacific limited

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those blogs, much of the...

1. 6,757 Posts.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to those blogs, much of the science has been misrepresented and its been turned into a highly emotional melodrama. Its fair to say the PNG authorities have managed it poorly (no real surprise there) but ultimately it ought to come down to the science.

Scientific arguments commence today, hopefully the judge will base his judgment on these and be able to ignore all the posturing. IMO there's a likelihood of a further delay while more data is gathered, lower probability they will be allowed to start straight away, and rate the chances of their not being able to use DSTP lowest (will be immediately appealed I suspect). I wouldn't gamble on it though, both sides have scientific witnesses to call, and there can't be any absolute certainty with this sort of science, its a balancing act of probabilities and risks.

Plough the suggestion from PFS was that Frieda use a tailings dam. It did also say there was room for further "optimization" without saying what that might mean.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.