Sorry, thought about starting another political thread but...

1. 10,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    Sorry, thought about starting another political thread but seeing there isn't a TV one I just have to post

Went on 7 to see if cricket BBL was on,there is a match in progress....saw a bit of RSPA animal rescue

THEY get a tree lopper to rescue a Crow fledgling which had fallen out of nest with twine hanging around its leg! Of course they still had to put it down, but what it needed was a bullet or an air rifle pellet, right from the time it was seen.. what a waste of time and effort !!

Not only was outcome likely, but crows are out of balance...there's too many, because the small birds do not have enough cover say in the country, so plenty of easy food there; plus I guess the crows get a heap of extra food from thrown away food etc in the cities .....we are a stupid country...and for the RSPCA to be wasting resources on that, is just another example how they are out of touch! Crows decimate the populations of many small birds, and have a roll in a well balanced ecosystem, which we do not have.

re the RSPCA, it reminds me of when our 12 year old son was trapping wild cats and drowning them by throwing cage in dam......as it was safe and relatively humane, alternative of bashing on the head was easier said than done, even shooting was fraught when I helped him, as the steel cage led to heaps of ricochets.
    .RSPCA visited and threatened prosecution!...yes, getting rid of wild cats, doing a great service to our native wildlife....and this from the RSPCA!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.