some more thoughts---I've been in and out of the market for the...

1. 525 Posts.
    some more thoughts---I've been in and out of the market for the last 5 yrs and can confess to selling at the wrong moments -such as July 2012. I'm now convinced that buying high quality businesses and holding for the long term is for me

I currently hold COH, MTU, TRS, RMD, MND, CCV, SEK and a few others. I'm looking at holding a max of 12 companies. If I were to switch off the share market and check the prices of these companies in 10 yrs time I wonder what return I would have in dividends and capital return? I know that I have missed out from buying and selling too often and trying to time the market. I'm now thinking that I won't sell unless there is a major change in any of the above businesses.

Part of my thinking has not been that the share prices of these companies have doubled in the last 12 months but that the value of these companies will be greater in the next 5 yrs /10 yrs than they are today -and most likely have double the dividend yields which I would then use to buy more shares

I've missed out on some big returns but I think I've learned some major lessons - I reckon I have the confidence and experience to let time now do most of the work!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.