CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

rang company spoke to elliott...., page-5

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    @ Primo Trader... "My previous post concerned what strategies are currently in place to ENABLE CFU to get into into "mass production" but more importantly to get past break even point"

Isn't it kind of obvious whats stopping mass production? There are no consumers wanting to buy them.

There is interest, momentum but if CFU had 5,000 BlueGens in a warehouse they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Until Eon, GDF Suez etc decide its time to act there isn't going to be any mass production. There is little CFU can do to push their hand. So nothing has changed since mid 2008 in this regard when CFU introduced the BlueGen as they saw that the utility companies were dragging their feet and they could not hang around and hedge the future of the company on others.

I work in Biotech so will use an example from the game I am in. I could have a vaccine in my pocket that eradicates an illness so you are never afflicted by it again. Problem is there are drugs on the market that do a perfectly good job of treating the illness when you are struck down by it. So my problem is until the players concerned will make more money from eradicating the illness then they do from treating it they are not going to be in a hurry to push my vaccine. So in the meantime I live in my parents garage watching my patent tick-tock

I think that analogy holds true for CFU. Until the scales are tipped and EON etc will make more money leasing people mCHPs etc they will continue to see it as a niche product that could have broad application if circumstances prevail.

So CFU need to remain visible, ensure they are ready to capitalise on opportunities and ensure that people see them as the market leaders in their product type. Hopefully govt will steer the utilities in a direction where CFU will have mass uptake in which case CFU then can worry about mass production.

So there is no point hounding CFU with the same questions we have been asking for years. I have all but accepted that CFU are going to be reaching into our pockets later this year. Read between the lines of where they need to be and what they are telling us in releases...I am not expecting anything significant in the way of sales in 2012 and have casually revised my numbers/expectations for 2012 to:

- 60mCHP with Ideal/Eon
    - 200mCHP with EWE
    - 20mCHP with GdF Suez/DeDietrich Thermique

So you can see that I now have very low expectations for 2012 based on the start we have had.

Does that make sense or have i drunk too much tonight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.