RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

RookieB Your covid19 article was great, could I add this toyour...

1. 9 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10

RookieB Your covid19 article was great, could I add this toyour excitement.

I trust the Australian Government support ResAppadopting our technology after the clinical trials with free testing.

However, in China there appears to be resistance toResApp technology.

Found this article, excerpts below again demonstratingResApp are so far ahead with its technology as I understand the issues. Anyopinions?

Radiomics‐based model for accurately distinguishing between severe acuterespiratory syndrome associated coronavirus 2 (SARS‐CoV‐2) and influenza Ainfected pneumonia Firstpublished: 13 August 2020

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/mco2.14

2 METHODS

2.1 Studydesign and participants

Forty‐five SARS‐CoV‐2positive and 132 influenza A virus positive patients admitted to the FirstAffiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University and Wenzhou Central Hospitalfrom January 1 to February 6, 2020, were included in this study

4 Although unprecedented efforts had been concentrated to identify and isolate individuals with risk of SARS‐CoV‐2 infection, clinicians are facing tremendous difficulties in efficiently and quickly diagnosing these patients due to massive volume of suspected cases.

Accurately diagnosingpneumonia patients is paramount in that those without SARS‐CoV‐2 infection maybe exposed to risk of cross‐infection during inpatient and group isolation ashuman‐to‐human has been reported to be the most prominent route oftransmission

2 The current major challenge is differentiating between patients with NCP and those with influenza A infected pneumonia (IAP), a seasonal disease that coincided with SARS‐CoV‐2 outbreak

.5 This is clinically important because there is little evidence that early clinical signs and symptoms demonstrated by NCP patients are any different from that of their IAP counterparts. Computed tomography (CT) is often used to evaluate the pulmonary condition of those suspected SARS‐CoV‐2 infection. However, clinicians may also find challenges in distinguishing radiographic features of NCP patients from pneumonia of other viral etiologies
    .6, 7

We aim to develop aneffective diagnostic tool to overcome the above‐mentioned challenge usingmachine learning methods based on CT radiomics. We hope our findings may aiddiagnosticians currently serving first‐line against SARS‐CoV‐2 outbreak.

In conclusion, the novelnomogram, developed based on radiomics, may accurately distinguish NCP and IAPpatients as demonstrated in this study.

This tool is easilyreproducible, therefore, is conducive to widespread clinical implementation.Potential application includes screening or diagnosing suspected patients in analgorithm combining real‐time RT‐PCR to effectively stratify suspected patientsfor COVID‐19.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.