RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

Interesting article thanks for the link Samcro. With two...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Interesting article thanks for the link Samcro. With two Priority 1, and two Priority 3 superbugs related to respiratory illness, it further reinforces sentiments stated here on HC and in ResApp's studies, the importance of early and accurate diagnosis (viral vs bacterial and exact illness), to reduce the consumption of incorrectly prescribed antibiotics, whilst further research of less resistance antibiotics continues. Tackling the problem at both ends of the funnel so to speak.

Detection and diagnosis go hand in hand with vaccine and cure research. ResApp is on the frontier of this for respiratory illness. It wouldn't surprise me if the broader MGH partnership further explores detection of the appropriate superbugs in the WHO Top 12 list.

I feel this is going to be an ever increasing problem before it improves. Take a look at how Ebola was handled back in 2014, and the fast tracking that was done in order to a) Find a vaccine b) Implement screening techniques at border entry points for unaffected countries. ResApp falls into point (b) as a potential fast detection method in the respiratory space.

The estimated economic impact of Ebola was $2.2B in lost GDP for Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia alone. (https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/cost-ebola-infographic.pdf)

The cost of the response to battle the fight in 3 countries by December 2015 was 3.6B USD (https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1866/west_africa_fs07_01-21-2016.pdf)

Now why am I talking about Ebola when it is not a respiratory disease? Because it is a real-world and recent example of if an outbreak were to occur. The Top 12 list highlights the biggest concerns of WHO (which we know is trialing our product). Detection and prevention is the name of the game, and is far cheaper to implement before it becomes a pandemic or epidemic. These superbugs are now being detected not just third world countries, but developed countries (eg CRE in Melbourne, Australia) where the economic risk is even greater. If this triggered, so too will detection funding.

I'm happy with what ResApp are doing, and the progress being made, and sleep well at night until the next milestones.

Victa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.