According to the AAP, John Laws was at it again on his morning...

1. 123 Posts.
    According to the AAP, John Laws was at it again on his morning radio show, questioning a 44 year old female who was raped by her father and brothers for 10 years which started horribly at 6 years old (Poor woman).
    The newspapers and twitter trolls according to Laws made havoc about this controversial conversation and made it out that the fault lies on the media for hyping the situation.
    The female 'Carol' called back to the morning show and spoke about the hyped up situation.

If you want to read more in detail, see below.

John Laws: 'You can all go to hell'.

Broadcaster John Laws has read a statement on air regarding his live interview in which he asked a woman whether the decade of sexual abuse she was subjected to was her fault.

However in the segment, he also tells his detractors that "you can all go to hell."

Earlier this week, the 77-year old 2SM radio morning show host was speaking on air with a woman who said she was abused by five male family members, including her father and brothers, from the age of six to 16.

Controversy was sparked when Mr Laws asked the woman, now 44, whether she provoked the abuse or if it was "in any way your fault".

But Mr Laws told AAP those were reasonable questions, as he was asking about when she was 15, not whether she was provocative at age six.

"I thought the line of questioning brought out the best facts of all," he said.

Laws did apologise this morning if any impression was given that the caller, Carol, was offended.

"It has been claimed that I asked a series of alarming questions, if anyone has [been offended] I wouldn't offend you for anything.

"If I created any ambiguity about what Carol had been through, then I am truly sorry.

"At no point in our conversation did Carol once complain, not once, however for anyone who did get that impression, I'm sorry. That wasn't an impression I wanted to create. You know I was genuinely concerned for Carol's welfare."

However he had something to say about who he calls the "trumped-up journalists" and "the clowns of Twitter" who he says inflamed the story.

"The newspapers have been having a field day ever since we took a call from a lady named Carol who had been repeatedly sexually abused as a girl and through her teens," he said.

He played a clip of Carol who called him back after her initial call. In the call, she said: "I just want to say [your] question did take me aback, but it's OK that you asked me that question. It was a fair question."

"I do understand how other women, they would be very offended by it," Carol continued.

"But because I've faced it, and I do have my hard days, I didn't find it a hard question."

Laws told his detractors: "You can all go to hell."

He told AAP yesterday that the issue has been blown up because "having a whack at John Laws is a national sport, particularly (by) other broadcasters who haven't enjoyed the same success that I have," he added.

When AAP contacted 2SM around midday on Thursday it was told no complaints had been received, but when they contacted later in the afternoon, station management said there was no comment.

2SM would have 60 days to respond to any complaints before the broadcast watchdog became involved in the matter.

There have been a barrage of complaints on 'The John Laws Show' Facebook page.
    Comments such as "Shame on you Mr Laws for even THINKING of that question to ask!" and "The questions that John Laws put to a victim of family rape and abuse as a six year old yesterday were completely unacceptable."

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/newshome/16422944/john-laws-you-can-all-go-to-hell/.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.