ALK 2.33% 44.0¢ alkane resources limited

rare earth bull

1. 1,440 Posts.
    my reply to this http://www.techmetalsresearch.com/2012/03/rare-earth-bull/#comment-2877

Always great work from you and creates good debate and research.

My figures show that:
    Kvanefjeld has 14% hree
    Mountain pass 1%
    Thor Lake 17%
    Mt Weld 3%
    Nolands Bore 4%
    Don Pao ?
    Dubbo Zirconia (ALK) 60%
    Bear Lodge ?
    Holdas Lake 7%

Extract from Australian Rare Earths website
    Also the method of extraction depends on the yield:
    A combination of acid baking and caustic cracking has also been investigated and shown to
    offer high recoveries and preferred reagent consumption levels and operating costs. As
    reported in the previous Technical Report, extractions under favourable conditions are typified
    by the results of AB-19 in which overall zirconium recovery was 99%, overall light rare earth
    (lanthanum, cerium and neodymium) extraction was 98%, and extraction of the heavy rare
    earths and yttrium was 99%. Niobium extraction was 83%
    Although it is clear that a very effective process for solubilizing the valuable elements in the
    Thor Lake concentrate had been identified, testwork is continuing at SGS Mineral Services.

However with ALK (Dubbo) having 60% Hree and the Chinese investing in it up to the allowable amount (i think 19%) and with pilot plant underway it would seem that ALK has all the ticks and the green light.

If they use the above technique for extracting the Hree and Y @99% then all things should get better plus ALK has a number of producing gold mines.

So I am adding this to the replies as ALK as far as I know has the largest HREE deposits in the World. If I am wrong or these figures out dated then I would love to see them

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.010(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $266.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 45.0¢ 43.5¢ $698.4K 1.585M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2280 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 6255 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.