LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

Rare Earths and the PM’s US Visit, page-9

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1136
    This top level attention is very encouraging, overdue and strategically important, but I'm trying to assess what tangible opportunities will arise for Lynas once the political firework display is over.

I see reduced political risk, and a continuation of the stabilizing symbiotic relationship with industry, particularly our Japanese business partners.

Now Lynas is committing to some big capex in WA and yes, perhaps something in the USA. Rightly or wrongly, I've been assuming that JARE will ensure Lynas gets the debt funding required for WA, possibly at mate's rates.

Not too worried there; the D/E ratio would hardly be outlandish, thought debt servicing would no doubt have an bottom line impact.

I'm curious how the deep co-dependence between Japanese industry and the debt-carrying Lynas will ultimately play out in the SP in the short to medium term. I believe the focus will remain on stability of prices, with production matching demand.

If the US Govt supports the process in Texas, it will be part of a long term strategic project, and I'd be confident the help will be focussed on a US registered entity. Lynas will get some participation or payoff, I'd assume.

There's a range of rare earth elements/compounds that need to be secured. Lynas expertise may be leveraged across some of these, but I can only speculate; perhaps others know more?

I remain on the lookout for tangible indication of what this brave new world of political priority is actually going to deliver to the Lynas bottom line - short, medium and long term?

Last edited by Hedg: 20/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $12.37M 1.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 7217 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.