LYC 1.99% $7.65 lynas rare earths limited

rare earths poised for a turnaround, page-5

1. 19,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4975
    "It actually is an ree alloy and speciality metals manufacturer .....and that is where they will get 80% of their profits--that is where the really big money is in ree (they actually came up with the idea of ree vertical integration that Molycorp is doing such a poor and discombobulated job of trying to copy"

While I wouldn't touch GW with a barge pole for a number of reasons (National Mineworkers 25% equity not the least of them) their downstream operation is certainly a great case study. As you suggest "the really big money is in ree (metals) and Moly have made an almost desperate attempt to buy this capability to add value to their basically LREE deposit.

Although there has been almost nothing from Lynas on this subject so far does anybody seriously think they are not planning metal production?

JV with Siemans for magnets will be one step but I expect we'll see collaboration with Rhodia for much larger scale metal production.

Duncan, with the LAMP, will provide a large percentage of ALL CREO production, not just ROW, by 2016 and I doubt Lynas is ignoring the opportunity for much higher value metal production.

I view Lynas a little like an iceberg, only 10% visible ATM.
    No analyst has even thought about pricing Duncan in, let alone high margin metal production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.