LYC 1.48% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

I have a different view from yours. Of course, China acts in its...

1. 207 Posts.
    I have a different view from yours. Of course, China acts in its interest, but, I believe, its interests are exactly the same as those of the REE producers outside China: higher REE prices. The last thing that China wants is to deliver its resources to other nations for a cheap price and, in doing so, even damaging its own environment! Then, the fact that a big REE user such Siemens has just preferred to sign a long term supply agreement with Molycorp, an almost bankrupt REE supplier whose survival in the business is at risk, says it all about the REE demand side's opinion about the reliability and sustainability of the REE Chinese industry. Not surprisingly, AL has stressed many times that "providing a reliable and sustainable REE supply " is the key to be successful in the REE business and why Lynas, despite its production difficulties, has still maintained, if not improved, business relations with its clients. AND this also explains China's recent complex reforms in the domestic REE industry: they are acknowledging that the current Chinese REE production model is unsustainable in the long term. In this context, the REE resource tax is useful to increase domestic REE prices and, therefore, assure a better management of the REE domestic production while increasing at the same time the REE prices for the export. I am sure, Chinese understood this point. IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.090(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.589B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.11 $5.98 $17.19M 2.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 79108 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 17678 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.