PEK 0.00% 17.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Yes currently there is a "Potential" Mine. Mining is the process...

1. 3,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1909
    Yes currently there is a "Potential" Mine. Mining is the process of extracting 'economically viable' minerals, therefore its viability is always dependant on the value placed on the product by the buyer/Market.

Looking at the initial grades of the individual Rare Earths and final grades of the Concentrate, it appears that the proposed method of concentration is fairly linear, ie they are not dropping out the Ce or La to any great extent. .They will be shipping a pretty standard mix to Shenghe in China for further refining/value adding. IMO that US$8,000/t is the current price, and knowing the Chinese it will not rise in step with Oxide or Metal prices.

Don't go blaming the Geo's, Yes Gold mines can be "salted" aka BreX. But to do something on this scale would be virtually impossible as you are dealing with over twenty individual elements, Salting would be easily recognised by seeing a constant ratio between elements in each and every sample ?

The discrepancy occurs because the BFS is based on the now defunct idea of a Tee-side Refinery, Peak were going to be selling Refined Oxides to Western Manufacturers not low level concentrate to Chinese Processors ~ The profit is in the 'refined' product not the 'mined' product and as Chinese prices are not derived in a "Free Market". you may find that the price paid is no longer economically viable !!! aka Lynas 2012-2018

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27500 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 117594 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.