NEU 3.76% $14.35 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

The PRV programme is not gone yet, The next few days will...

1. 158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    The PRV programme is not gone yet, The next few days will determine whether it is, as it has until the 30th of September to be reauthorised under 'The Creating Hope Reauthorisation Act of 2024'

A couple of days ago it advanced to the next stage of being extended as it is within the Give Kids a Chance Act. It is positive to see the associated bipartisan vote that went with it. 43-0 is a good sign despite some still having reservations about the programme (see YouTube video link below). It now goes to the House and Senate (under probable urgency) then onto the President for signing by the 30th if all goes well.

• H.R. 3433, Give Kids a Chance Act of 2024, led by Reps. McCaul and Eshoo, was reported to the full House, as amended, by a roll call vote of 43 to 0.

With Neuren guaranteed getting a third of a voucher from Acadia regardless, it would be nice for the 2591 voucher to be able to come to fruition so Neuren can have another voucher all to itself. I think, we all have quiet confidence in 2591 being approved in the future so $100 million USD would be very handy.

If the programme were to sunset, it is highly unlikely (in my view) that 2591 could be approved within the 2-year grace period to make use of the existing designation. This might be perceived by the market as being negative, so the likely continuation of the programme is a good thing for Neuren (and many others who hold a designation)

I thought yesterday's share price run showed there was life in the not so old dog yet, and while some have a focus on a buyback or dividend, I am looking closely at this event because it is 100 million dollars that could still go in Neuren's bank balance or an acquirer's.

I am trying to focus on the catalysts that are coming very soon as they outweigh all other current debate in my opinion. The wait is nearly over.

References:

https://trahan.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=

https://democrats-energycommerce.house.gov/committee-activity/markups/markup-16-bills-full-committee

See 22.34 for a member's concern for the PRV programme but acceptance in this video

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.35
Change
0.520(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.834B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.96 $14.35 $13.66 $6.469M 457.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2023 $14.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.38 1777 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.