LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

Fuziah Salleh, the MP for the city on Malaysia’s east coast...

1. 1,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Fuziah Salleh, the MP for the city on Malaysia’s east coast which is home to Lynas Corp’s $1 billion rare earths processing operations, also said the government was happy to work with conglomerate Wesfarmers, which wants to buy Lynas, if it agreed to send the company's waste back to Australia.While Ms Salleh is not a member of Cabinet, which has yet to clarify its position on the Lynas plant, she said she had received assurances on the matter from Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad. "I am very confident on his position. He agreed with me it would be sent back. That was his commitment to me," Ms Salleh told The Australian Financial Review on Thursday.Her comments come as both Lynas and its potential suitor Wesfarmers wait for clarification on Dr Mahathir's divided coalition government on both the disposal of existing waste at the plant and whether Lynas or its future owner will have to agree to treat future waste before it leaves Australia. Lynas has become a political hot potato in Malaysia where the dumping of foreign plastic currently dominates tabloid headlines.Ms Salleh, a long-time local opponent of the Lynas plant called the company "irresponsible" for continuing to store waste at its plant on the country's east coast which she said had had long-term health risks for local residents.“They should just focus, not dilly dally, not give excuses. Just send the waste back," Ms Salleh said during an interview at her office near Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.Bunk Link

Last edited by Dukepoope: 26/04/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.