POS 11.1% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

This was posted by an independent analyst in June of this...

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

This was posted by an independent analyst in June of this year.

BHP would reconsider opening if Nickel was trading @ 20k per ton. BHP had now written down the worth of Ravensthorpe to zero on its balance sheet.

"They have clearly made the decision it is worthless to them and they have closed it down,"

Anyone wanting to make Ravensthorpe a viable operation would probably need to spend at least $300 million and have the means to process concentrate from the mine.

"Someone might come in and say if I am buying this for a dollar all I have to do is stump up with the working capital to get it working again and to do a feasibility study," he said.
    "The processing plant is all basically spanking new and it wouldn't be that difficult to restart it."

The write down was significant for BHP. Playing devils advocate here the 64 $ is What makes it viable or more appealing to interested parties when BHP were unable to succeed ?. Granted BHP had a significant capital outlay to begin with. You'd have to be pretty certain that sufficient due dilligence would take place before outlaying such monies, and that future projections regarding nickel prices would be of major concern.

Twiggy would need to dig deep on this one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $16.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $18.29K 3.835M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
86 42537471 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 10293659 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.27pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.