I used to manually create charts (sort of like what bones used...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    I used to manually create charts (sort of like what bones used to post), that showed a normal chart, but with daily shorts and short interest included, in a format that was 'nice to the eye'. I want to do it again, but using a semi-automated process instead of a totally manual process.

So I was merging free data from 'ASX historical data', 'ASX daily shorts' & 'ASIC short interest', then putting it all into Microsoft Access (which I have never used before) to build a database, and then using Excel to access the Access Data, and draw the chart for me.

I needed it to be a fairly quick and easy process, as I would be doing a manual 'copy and paste' to load daily for the short data, and weekly for the ASX data.
    And I needed it to be easily updatable after I get back from being away....well relatively easy anyway.

I struggled a bit using Access, I should have probably just played around with it first, and learned how it worked, before jumping in with a complicated process.....but what the heck, I just googled the problems when I couldn't make it work, and solved a few problems by myself, and worked with a steep learning curve.
    And I almost got it sorted, but I had a formatting issue from the ASIC data which I couldn't get around.
    But I think I know why it happened now, so I will have another go soon.....I just need to get over the trauma of it failing the first time around......haha

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 09/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.