@Ravgnome Hey Rav, I hope all is well. Just a quick update on...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    @Ravgnome

Hey Rav, I hope all is well.

Just a quick update on FIL Gary, who has been off chemo since Christmas, and attempting to recover and get stronger.

He had a full body scan yesterday, and got the results today.

Sadly the tumor in his chest is substantially larger and almost fills the entire right lung now , and he now has another 3cm spot on his brain.

I think the Doctor would just prefer him to be made comfortable now, and has organised a regular (daily) visit from a palliative care nurse, and an oxygen bottle and mask for him.
    But Gary asked the Doc for more chemo.
    So the Doc is going to try a different mix again, although nothing will be done for the spot on his brain (the last radiation treatment had a bad outcome).
    He doesn't look like he thinks Gary will be able to sustain the whole cycle (of 18 weeks), but has done what Gary asked for, and iterated that "when he has had enough, to let him know". I think the Doc is worried another cycle of chemo might kill him (before the cancer does).

So it's not looking very good....but we pretty much knew that anyway.....it has been an obvious decline for two years now, and the decline has only accelerated since the last chemo finished before Christmas.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.