Haha, and they say 5G is going to be even quicker...... Yes, I...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Haha, and they say 5G is going to be even quicker......
    Yes, I see you were getting some pretty stormy weather up there recently.
    Any other damage ??
    I really like storms. I was hoping to see one when in Queensland, our storms usually aren't very big down here (only had one really decent one here, in 18 yrs).

I haven't changed over to NBN (yet) because we are only getting fixed wireless now (we were originally going to get 'proper' cable, but that was changed when the Libs got in and changed it to the 'el cheapo' wireless version).

So anyway, not everyone in my area is in a direct line of site to the wireless tower, and they will have to remain on ADSL (not ADSL2, just plain old 1st gen ADSL), so it won't be turned off here, at least not for quite some time. Sadly though, we are a fair way from the exchange, so we always got the worst speeds.

We are getting bombarded with "join the NBN" stuff at the minute (seems like from about a hundred different suppliers),
    but I have a theory (haha...I always have a theory), and that is - the more households who switch to the NBN, the less who will be on the old copper, and therefore the faster the old copper wire ADSL will be.
    So far the theory is working out just as I suspected, I reckon about 30% have switched over to the NBN already.
    We used to get 1-4 Mb per second before, now I get 5-7 Mbps pretty much all the time.
    I wonder how much faster it will get, as even more change over ??

The two speed options for NBN fixed wireless are - up to 12Mbps, and up to 25 Mbps.
    The couple of people I have spoken to, chose the up to 12Mbps, and mostly get only 7-8 Mbps anyway.

I might choose the 'up to 25 Mbps' option if/when we change over (probably), but if I stuck with the up to 12Mbps option the only advantage is a small price drop, to my current price.

we'll see.......

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 20/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.