Rav's Office, page-1500

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Thanks for that Rav,

I think Gary is feeling guilty, I think he feels that he is being forced to 'give up' so to speak,
    He hasn't looked me in the eye for a week.
    Not good.......
    It isn't the VSA/Wyckoff coding for individual bars, or muli bar combinations, that is causing me difficulties.
    I want to illustrate via the indicator, the individual bars relationship with the most important support and resistance levels on the chart.
    And coding for the important levels I want, and their interaction with price, and then coming up with a good way to illustrate it, is the main difficulty.
    When I look at a chart, I first look for the breakout/breakdown levels that are nearest to the current price, and then where the widespread/high volume bars lie, as both will form the important levels I want to watch, especially when they are challenged by price.
    My coding for these levels has been a bit messy and inconsistent so far, and then adding their relationship with the current price action has been even more problematic. I mean, I can sort of get it to work for one single level on its own, but when that level is penetrated or is overcome, it need it to then 'know' what the next level is, and then the one after that etc. etc. I think I will have to use a more advanced function than I am using right now, perhaps numbering the levels in the past, so I can call them forward again (numerically) if price is looking like challenging them again.

Perhaps what I want to do is a bridge too far (at least for my current knowledge of excel), and I should just do the analysis manually.

The overall idea was to scan the market, using the VSA/Wyckoff indicator.
    And then examine the scan results manually, similar in a way to what we were doing last year with the breakout bars.

No huge hurry just yet, but hopefully I can get back to it again at some time.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.