Howdy @Guaranteed ProfitsSorry for the late reply…I have a few...

1. 14,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32

Howdy @Guaranteed Profits

Sorry for the late reply…I have a few responsibilities to take care at home before I get to play on the internet.

I doubt version Bullcharts 5 will fix your issues...it has a few bugs of it's own as yet. I just like to run the latest versions of software, so as to identify issues, and help with debugging if possible (just a personal thing).
    It would be best to talk to the ever helpful staff at Bullcharts first…(Brendon in particular may walk you through things), or better still shoot them an email outlining the issues as they can be quite busy.

If you do go the new install route, definetly have a read through the BC Knowledge base (about installing software) before doing anything. Make sure you Back up all Bullcharts files first so you can reinstall all your customized workspaces, indicators, etc, from the Back up. (You should be doing Back Ups to an external Hard drive, or cloud servers for your own safety anyway).

I notice you have quite a few Market Depth Tabs open at once...this could be are source hog. If possible, try shutting down as many as you can…see if that makes any difference. I usually only have one MD open for the chart in front of me, and then click through ticker codes via the watchlist Panel.

Just for interest sake, open your computers Task Manager, and check out how much of the resource Bullcharts is using. Watch the Ethernet chart as you shut down the MD Tabs…see if it frees up your internet connection (software performance issues can be masked by slow internet connections).

I also have IRESS Viewpoint open on a second screen, with Market Depth, Course of sales, Chart,etc all linked to a live Watchlist which I click through as needed. All my trades go through the live IRESS screen…I only really use Bullcharts for the much Better Charts, custom indicators, etc. Be aware that not all providers supply Chi-x data through their IRESS platform either.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ravgnome: 30/07/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.