ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

G'day Ray. They are not asking for an increase in salary, they...

1. 21,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2055
    G'day Ray. They are not asking for an increase in salary, they want to put more people (expertise) on the Board. There is a set budget for Directors apart from all other company expenses. We have no more money left in our budget, so we can't put anyone else on it.
    This Board is screaming out for new blood and I will certainly be approving the increase in the allownace for extra Board members. I'm sick of looking back in the past and saying why didn't they do that? We are on the threshold of becoming a serious company and we shareholders have got to become serious with them. Look at the big companies, they started from nowhere and gradually grew, mainly because of the Boards of Directors. If we want to be like them we have to attract the best available, how would you like a Stephen Bizzell for example??? Just ask the BOW, Arrow, Dart, Apollo etc etc etc shareholders. He and his Boards of Directors have made all their shareholders multiple profits and massive increases in their share prices. We must get that sort of person. Sure, if the current board stuffs that up, then we can get stuck into them, quite rightly, but, they NEED more expertise and need more money to get it.
    Let's not let petty personal feelings get in our way when we are so close. They took one of the top guys from Santos and he is now our Company Sectretary and what an improvement already? So, I don't think they are looking at jobs for mates at this stage of our development.
    Just imagine the market reaction if we could get a really top person on our Board? We can't do that now because we can't pay them!!! Sure, you are probably saying why don't they sack one of those that are there now. How would that look to the market? No, let's bite the bullet and tell them that we demand that they pick someone with market credibility. Don't just complain amongst ourselves on HC, send RJ an email and TELL HIM what you want.
    It is your company, spending your money. Have a say in how it is run!!!! This is a great opportunity, send an email to RJ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.