rba and unions and australia, page-3

1. 9,685 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    The problem with australia is you suggest abbotts wage of 250k a year is to much,its less than a laundry manager on a off shore rig because unions would not allow contracts to be signed until wage demands paid.
    We cant produce vehicles in this country because we are 3 or 4 thousand over priced per vehicle.
    I bet if the food chain lived by reasonable workplace agreements eg auto glass and metal sheet suppliers etc we could produce niche vehicles,but that would require union agreements like toyota and spc workplace agreements being ripped up 10 years ago (thanks unions) really union councils to decide if management decisions are reasonable,and just as bad we own the required raw commodities.
    But of course govt energy,transport,workplace ,infrastructure,middle class welfare policy etc are also a major coarse of the current situation..
    Bottom line we are stuffed because i believe commodity supply will start to exceed demand and really its clear we continue to sell the farm to pay for our unsustainable standard of living.
    Very interesting times.Drought,no manufacturing,contracting spi,falling commodity prices imo never seen before in this country in my life time.
    If china bubble bursts and our housing market collapses ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.