APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

RBA announcement is nonsense

1. 7,522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 382
    So Afterpay prevent a retailer from charging a fee? Last time I looked at retailers they can charge what every they want. if retailer feels inclined to add 4% to the price of their product then the demand curve will move down.

Maybe the RBA should regulate sales and discounts as well.

The commentary coming out of the media analysts and now supposedly the RBA is rubbish.

let's look at facts :

1. AFR has always hated APT so nothing new here other than UBS gave them something to write about.

2. The UBS report was written by a Bank and Credit analyst duo not a consumer fin tech growth business analyst. All they identified were pitfalls. That is why they are bank analysts and not billionaire internet entrepreneurs.

3. APT is a significant driver of traffic to retailers. As I said above if they want to charge for Afterpay fees let them do it. they will lose sales which was the reason why they signed up for Afterpay in the first place. Not for a regulator to tell them how to charge for their product.

This was terrible research that only looks at what could go wrong and then value it based on all the negatives.

I don't know where the bottom is but it is feeling like the last round of AFR beat ups and ill informed regulator probes.

Funny to watch and listen to everyone though.

Maximum fear coming but all I know is I think I want to be long before the next update comes and shows that Australia is becoming a smaller part of the pie.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.