I said if and the 'if 'was more a reference to your opinion. I'm...

1. 7,196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I said if and the 'if 'was more a reference to your opinion. I'm sufficiently aware of the potential for severe impact..I just don't think it be severe.

No said the transition will be smooth, nothing that has had that much influence to an industry economy market will ever be smooth. But imo it is necessary. And with such momentum for change is here, if now is not the time then it will never ever be a time..some would say the Aust economy is already being rattled..

Will a bank sell you a product at a loss or with such a tight margin that would render a ratings downgrade because it affects their financial stability, will it be worth the risk to their share price..

it might be better for them to roll over maturing debt at a cheaper rate (should the RBA cuts rates) on existing assets and charge existing mortgages a higher rate and gouge them to maintain profits to see through the lull period for new loans. Its not like they haven't got a lot of loans on their books already and are unable to make tidy profits from existing mortgages. Think how much extra profits would arise for them from just a 1% increase in rates for existing mortgages.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.