SWP 5.13% 20.5¢ swoop holdings limited

RBO Long term holders

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    Starting a new thread to discuss company fundamentals (instead of daily SP movements).

Overall, I am bullish on Robo due the new products which have received great press, CES awards, etc and also the new (international) distribution agreements (60%+ of sales is currently through retailers) both of which should significantly increase revenue. With FY16 revenue of AUD $6m and a market cap of AUD $22.5 this promising company seems to be undervalued. However, this is a fast-changing technology/industry with strong competition and lack of innovation and/or delays in product launches means companies could quickly become irrelevant.

The 2 new products:
    - Robo C2 (US $699) launched in December 2016  aimed at mass market
    - Robo R2 (US $1299) aimed at hobbyists and small/medium businesses. To be released to market mid-end of March 2017 according to the Robo 3D store.

In the prospectus dated 18 Nov 2016, it stated in the investment overview that both new products were to be released in the latter part of 2016 (although the chairman's letter in the same prospectus does state 2017 Q1 for R2 model??).  This could partially explain the SP response to the manufacturing announcement, which states March 2017 release of R2. The Robo 3D store now indicates mid-end March availability (which was previously Feb). I wouldn't be too surprised by further delays as dates have been slipping - this will have an impact on FY17 revenue.

A few competitors already have multiple products in the market and it's key for Robo to gain substantial market share and brand awareness by having several models available as well. Thanks @fedcba for sharing below links.
    https://3dprint.com/151388/jeeq-3d-printer-sales-q3-2016/
    https://3dprint.com/161385/jeeq-data-4th-quarter-2016/

Best Buy: Robo 3D R1 best selling printer in Q3 and 2nd in Q4. Competitors with multiple printers in top 20: XYZ 7 products (!), 3D systems 4, Afinia 3, and MakerBot 2.

Amazon: Robo not in top 20. However the list seems to mainly include 3D pens, instead of just printers. XYZ is in the top 20 though. I got excited by the Robo C2 having 195 reviews on Amazon, only to discover that the reviews date back to 2015 and are mostly for the R1 model.

The C2 model is currently sold on Best Buy, Amazon and Crutchfield (and of course through Robo's store). As far as I can see other websites (Target, Staples, Office Depot) are just selling R1. It will be interesting to keep an eye on availability and ratings/popularity/top 20s to see how Robo is faring against competitors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $42.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 20.5¢ $1.025K 5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 4964 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.41pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.