BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

I rarely (i.e. never) find myself defending BTA management, but...

1. 153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I rarely (i.e. never) find myself defending BTA management, but I think they had no choice (re. continuous discloseure) but to release the results. Agree they could have put it in a more positive light.
    Leaving that aside, surely a 50% success rate deserves further consideration re. possible comercial benefits.
    I am aware that re vaccines an 80% reduction in risk is the benchmark for use. But that use is generally in the context of widespread use, whereas the use of inavir would be among the household contacts of people with influenza (i.e. highly targted but still a very large market). I would have thought a 50% reduction in risk of transmission is significant in this context. Even if public health authorities were not prepared to pay, surely household members if given the choice would.
    I am more familiar with the HIV sector and know that circumcision is now being given enormous support from bodies such as WHO and CDC as a prevention strategy. International evidence suggest it reduces risk of HIV transmission by 44%. However major funding (i.e. 100s of millions of dollars)is now being provided through Global Fund Against HIV, Malaria and TB; Clinton Health Initiative and others for population wider circumcision in Africa.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.