RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

rdf announcement, page-4

1. 3,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    re: rdf announcement - speed The importance of speed is that it will add revenues and profits for little extra outlay.

The numbers of citations issued for speed versus red light is probably a ratio of at least 3 to 1. That is for every red light citation you would get a extra 3 speed citations. The cost to upgrade a red light camera to a combo camera is less than $5000 versus a cost of around $100000 to install the red light camera in the first place.

Given the company is highly profitable on red light alone with 4 times the citations you would be thinking windfall gains.

However the cities also know that speed will produce a lot more citations than red light so the impact on revenue really depends on the negotiation process.

In toledo for example RDF got roughly double the inititial red light amount. Gven the cost is very small this is good resut for RDF .

I also missed the small point down the bottom of the announcement that revenues are up 40% for the half. On my cals that is about what I expected so everything is on track

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.