BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Earlier this morning I said that the stockpiling only would...

1. 165 Posts.
    Earlier this morning I said that the stockpiling only would account for 10% of relenza....sorry I don't know the link. Apparently it's on page 78 of the us pandemic doc. Anyway here is the general gist of it.....any thoughts?

C. Additional NVAC recommendations on antiviral drugs for
    pandemic influenza
    In addition to recommendations for priority groups, NVAC unanimously adopted the following recommendations:
    �¡ Sufficient drugs should be stockpiled to address top priorities. NVAC recommends that the minimum
    stockpile size be about 40 million courses, allowing coverage of the top 7 priority groups.
    �¡ Oseltamivir should be the primary drug stockpiled, but some zanamivir also should be obtained as it is
    effective against some oseltamivir-resistant strains, may be preferred for treatment of pregnant women,
    and supporting two manufacturers enhances security against supply disruptions. Approximately 10% of
    the stockpile should be zanamivir if feasible and cost effective. No additional adamantanes should be
    stockpiled.
    �¡ Antiviral drugs can also be used as part of an international effort to contain an initial outbreak and
    prevent a pandemic. Use to slow disease spread early in a pandemic may be useful but requires large
    amounts of drug.
    �¡ Critical research should be conducted to support development and implementation of recommendations
    for pandemic influenza antiviral drug use, including:
    �¡ Impact of treatment at hospital admission on outcome
    �¡ Optimal treatment dose for H5N1 and other potential pandemic strains
    �¡ Sensitivity and use of rapid diagnostic tests for H5N1 and other influenza strains with pandemic
    potential
    �¡ Safety and pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir among infants <1 year old
    �¡ Investigation of the impact of other drugs (new antiviral agents and other classes such as statins) on
    influenza
    �¡ Additional work with public and private sector groups should be done to further hone definitions of
    target groups and their estimated population sizes, and to provide further guidance on antiviral drug
    distribution and dispensing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.