re: 4 bagger, page-14

1. 922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1012
    re: 4 bagger I haven't been direct share investing that long and have only recently signed up to HC as I couldn't understand why some of my stock picks are not moving on great news (eg: KBL).

The one thing I have learned in my short time on HC is that I probably need to learn more about technical analysis to know when to buy or sell to get a good gain on holding a stock for a shorter period (possibly having a base holding over a longer period and trading additional amounts).

I am an accountant by background and am therefore focussed on the fundamentals of a stock, i.e., what will its future profits/cash flow be, ongoing or over what period and what does that mean in terms of a P/E or NPV and how does that compare to its market cap.

My early thoughts are that technical analysis is good for short term trading and fundamental analysis is better for longer term holding. However, in the current market where volume seems lower, perhaps combine a bit of both technical and fundamental analysis. That way, even if the stock doesn't move as the technical analysis might suggest it should, then it will catch up based on its fundamentals.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.