NZC 0.00% 36.5¢ nzuri copper limited

BBAs I said been in RER/NZC long years so patience not in...

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    BBAs I said been in RER/NZC long years so patience not in question. Perhaps the interesting comment by Randgold CEO in Creamer on concerns in operations in DRC may be pertinent to the sluggishness in SP. Link and couple of the more relevant quotes:

http://www.miningweekly.com/article...duction-but-drc-policies-a-concern-2017-04-19

“Randgold remains committed to the DRC and is confident that its government, politicians and civil society have the will, as well as the capacity to work together to secure the country’s future.
    “We, therefore, continue to invest in exploration here and to lead the way in developing the north-eastern DRC as a major new gold mining region. Our engagement with the country and its people is also evident in our substantial investment in local economic development and community upliftment programmes......".

"It was a source of concern, however, that the DRCgovernment had once again signalled its intention of reviewing the country’s 2002 mining code with the clear intention of increasing State revenue, Bristow said. This could have a negative impact not only on the mining industry, but also on the economy.

Now more than ever, the DRC should be focused on retaining its existing investors and attracting new ones. It’s certainly not the time to harvest more from less for short-term gain. It’s my sincere hope that this time round, the government will engage the mining sector fully in the proposed review to achieve an outcome that will be in the best interests of the Congolese economy, as well as the country’s mining sector,” he said.
    “The existing code is in fact a good one but it is not always being applied effectively and there are still many miningoperations that do not operate under the code. There are also issues and challenges which mining companies are having to face which make operating in the DRC more challenging. In Kibali’s case, these issues include more than $200-million in unpaid [tax] refunds.

We shall see how things unfold over the months to come for Nzuri.

Have a nice night all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.