CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

But it allows us to be sure that no-one is using the stuff to...

1. 432 Posts.
    But it allows us to be sure that no-one is using the stuff to make weapons. And it has to be disposed of somewhere. If we build a system similar to Sweden's I would be happy to have it in Australia so long as the transportation could be made safe (a big if). There are many countries who see waste disposal as the biggest objection to using nuclear fuel and they would (should) be willing to pay big time for safe disposal. There are many European countries who would have a hard time finding a suitable site for disposal. We are inventive enough to be able to do the job properly and so I'd prefer that we be the ones to do it. Make sure the waste is buried deeply and safely and get a large income out of doing it. At the moment, the fossil fuel we burn is doing massive damage to our planet - the whole planet, not just Australia. We burn much more per capita than most other countries. And the government's attitude seems to be one of "who cares?"
    We have large areas of suitable land and if there is a group of Ausies who don't mind using their land to store the stuff deeply and safely, we should support them - we would end up doing far less damage to the environment than we are now.
    As we watch the polar ice melt and the ocean currents shift and the rainfall patterns change and species go extinct in large numbers, we are not using the obvious solution (nuclear) because no one is game enough to take on the tough problem of waste disposal (except Sweden). We can solve that problem, save the planet and make a lot of money out of it at the same time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.