MYG 15.4% 82.5¢ mayfield group holdings limited

re:dfs confirms net profit increase of 30%

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    There is ongoing disquiet about the timing of announcements to the market.Maybe something in it,but I do notice that the benefit of hindsight is overused.When is the right time? Only clearer after the event.The exact timing of this announcement has everything to do with: 1)Looking back over the trading pattern for the last 2 weeks one could easily suspect that, apart from anticipation,there has been a bit too much "talking out of school".To head off an ASX query JG had to put the DFS on record and go public. 2)Taking advantage of the gold symposium which JG is addressing tomorrow.With this announcement as a backdrop it gives him more "cred".

The TH went for only a day and not two.Makes perfect sense to me.Firstly it keeps the ASX at bay and secondly it gives the punters who will be at the symposium a day in advance to digest it.The TH was not called to dazzle the market-everyone expected that the final DFS, would confirm what we already knew, and if the outcome was even a bit better, that would be a bonus.We got that.This timing of this announcement was all about avoiding a black mark with the ASX,and getting mileage out of tomorrow's symposium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
82.5¢
Change
0.110(15.4%)
Mkt cap ! $76.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.5¢ 85.0¢ 76.5¢ $78.82K 100.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 81.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.0¢ 5651 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.