SEN 3.57% 1.4¢ senetas corporation limited

re: dull announcement time, page-40

1. 9,445 Posts.
    re: announcement by ctv -no big deal Can someone please explain!
    I don’t get it.

Senetas sell its biometric security asset to CTV for US$6,000,000, which can be satisfied by the issue of New Ordinary Shares in CTV, or at CTV's discretion a mixture of share and cash. As part of the Acquisition, Senetas will offer to CTV licenses that can utilize Senetas' high-speed network encryption technology.

We now see that through our joint efforts, many opportunities will open up for this technology in defense and government applications in the United States."
    "Acquiring eCryp and forming a strategic partnership with Senetas will build company value for both CTV and Senetas.
    --------------------

It appears that SEN had a good biometrics product but probably had no distribution channel in which to sell this product, so they sold the biometric division instead. That’s fair enough. At the same time SEN created a “understanding” with CTV whereby CTV could sell SEN encryption product.

If this is what the upcoming announcement is all about, I don’t see it as anything that will increase the share price and keep it at that higher level. Maybe a short term blip in the price is the best I can see from this. Imagine if CTV pay SEN in CTV shares and then CTV shares devalue. Biometrics will have been given away.

Can someone please explain!
    I don’t get it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $21.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $1.044K 80.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1463464 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 4259035 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.