SP8 0.00% 0.7¢ streamplay studio limited

re-election of j kenny - no, page-2

1. 276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    SH101- the inference is that Mr Kenny previous directorships of a linked group of failed companies , should be viewed negatively.

You are obviously unaware of the facts surrounding the collapse of these companies, of which I admit I have a rudimentary understanding.

My understanding is that during the GFC , APRA without warning advised the big 4 to pull the plug on the lending to a variety of agribusiness projects.
    Including higher profile companies Timbercorp, Great Southern, etc and including Rewards group.

This had a domino effect on Rewards projects - which managed Tunbridge properties pty ltd, Rural labour pty ltd and the separately ASX listed ARK Fund pty ltd .

I'm sure the shareholders of ARK weren't complaining about annual dividends of 17% in the good times!

I personally know John and have some insight into the effort he put into attempting to recapitalise Rewards group during a period when capital markets were illiquid - our own mortgage rates remained high for these reasons and he worked overtime with NAB to try to keep things afloat .

IMHO he's a bloody good corporate lawyer and director and works extremely hard as a director in the interests of shareholders.

Next thing you will be blaming him for the unrest in Egypt, which seems to be holding things up.

I originally bought GIP way back in 2000 and don't hold at present but I can see the potential in the tantalum deposit and continue to watch this stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.