MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

re: end of day whoosh, page-29

1. 2,086 Posts.
    re: close Deeman.....

"there's always issues involved with mining, nature of the game - wa's stance on uranium will change, no worries there."

There is next to no chance that Alan Carpenter will allow Uranium mining any time soon.

And increasing Uranium prices will not make one iota of difference in WA.....Alan Carpenter has already stated on many occasions that there will be no U mining here.

I remember that one journalist actually asked him about the lost royalties associated with it....and his reply was that the WA economy was growing at at annual rate of 10%, and that we already couldn't keep pace with existing projects for other commodities, so royalties for Uranium made no difference. Apart from that he is very much idealistically opposed to it

With his overwhelming popularity here and the integrity with which the majority here associate him with, combined with the complete lack of an alternative government, all ensures that that position will remain indefinately.....I also think it's fair to say that most people in WA actually agree with him. It sounds selfish perhaps but people here have quite happily adopted a "not in my backyard policy" and while they see uranium mining as a necessary evil nowadays, they are very content to see it happen elsewhere, particularly when we have no economic need to do so.

Me...I'm not fussed! I've chosen to invest in Uranium companies with exploitable deposits in SA, NT and elsewhere.

I'm not trying to discredit UNX here....I have no position in it and I don't seek one....my investments apart from BHP have all had incremental rises matching UNX, so I'm as happy as Larry, and not bitter about missing this great opportunity....

I just read your post and thought I would comment on it....

Good luck

And now back to the shadows.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.