Re: Feb 12-14 Aftermarket lounge 2016, page-255

1. 2,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Good post Ryphil.

I've been trading for a long time now. Right through GFCs, bull markets, bear markets, whatever...

I've made bucket loads, lost bucket loads... learned the hard way so many times etc - generated an ok supplementary income for quite a few years now

but looking at my journey- the highs, the lows and time and effort put into trading. The monetary reward, return on time spent... % return on my investment accounts and trading accounts year on year

I'd of been better off putting my time and effort into something else

even on the very best years most active traders who are skilled (or lucky) would be doing well to have a 40-80% return (if that) lol and statistics for retail trading accounts suggest that's only 5-10% of us

the sort of day to day scalp trading people do on this thread would be small parcel stuff only... so I doubt many have 100k in their day trading accounts... lucky if most here are using 50k imo - 40-80% return on 50k - is it worth the effort.. probably not imo

The longer you go the more you realise this trading game is a bit of a farce really

Small cap ST trading - small returns, big dreams

me I only really only hang around for the next SIR or PDN... it's past returns on darlings that keeps me coming back - a once in every 5 year stock

It's the only time when there's any big money to be made - but you gotta be mentally ready when they show up imo!

that's what all the time spent trading in between is all about for me... amusement and prep-work
    Last edited by AcesHigh: 15/02/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.