PLS 0.69% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

Re: Good news & Bad news, page-54

1. 8,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436
    While you analysis is sound based on your assumptions, half, maybe more of the 1 mill tonne spod production will be allocated to PLS's mid or
    downstream product production.

Based on current chem prices, mid/downstream product would be selling for US$9kpt, with production costs at ~US$2.7kpt

Maybe as offtakes come up for renewal, they are either canned, and thus, those tonnes pivot to mid/downstream product deliveries for US & EU, or all future offtakes to both new and existing customers are for mid/downstream product only.

On that last note, shipping 250kt of midstream product, with a gross margin of US$6,300 make perfect sense to me, in that I expect most of global spod production will flow to integrated projects, and thus, forming a stronger and more resilient part of the supply chain. That's what need to happen, allowing a much smoother transition to the new tech,

If spod prices rise to $US2,300pt, prices of midstream and chem products would rise inline with the spod prices. Nonetheless, I don't think it will matter all that much, because as said, most spod will be priced by many as just an input cost for production of mid/downstream product.

Last edited by SF@HC: 22/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.88
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.671B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.93 $2.84 $50.85M 17.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 179945 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.