PLS 0.69% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

While you analysis is sound based on your assumptions, half,...

1. 8,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436
    While you analysis is sound based on your assumptions, half, maybe more of the 1 mill tonne spod production will be allocated to PLS's mid or
    downstream product production.

Based on current chem prices, mid/downstream product would be selling for US$9kpt, with production costs at ~US$2.7kpt

Maybe as offtakes come up for renewal, they are either canned, and thus, those tonnes pivot to mid/downstream product deliveries for US & EU, or all future offtakes to both new and existing customers are for mid/downstream product only.

On that last note, shipping 250kt of midstream product, with a gross margin of US$6,300 make perfect sense to me, in that I expect most of global spod production will flow to integrated projects, and thus, forming a stronger and more resilient part of the supply chain. That's what need to happen, allowing a much smoother transition to the new tech,

If spod prices rise to $US2,300pt, prices of midstream and chem products would rise inline with the spod prices. Nonetheless, I don't think it will matter all that much, because as said, most spod will be priced by many as just an input cost for production of mid/downstream product.

Last edited by SF@HC: 22/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.88
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.671B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.93 $2.84 $50.85M 17.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 179945 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.