RXM 0.00% 46.5¢ rex minerals limited

re housing in ardrossan

1. 88 Posts.
    reply to Chestermemate

Most of the locals will welcome the mine with open arms because of the benefits it brings.

Over the last few decades a lot of the little towns have not been able to provide enough jobs for all the young people when they finish school. Consequently they have to leave home . Now there will be opportunities for more to stay home and stop the decline of the community.

There will be many support jobs available also. If there are 600 permanent mining jobs you could create 1200-1800 support jobs somewhere. I am not sure what the actual ratio is but have read somewhere 1 mining to 5-6 support.

The smart money is already buying blocks of land and prices are rising. Dont think they will have much trouble attracting staff to come to a desirable town with infractructure, a moderate climate and plenty of leisure activities, schooling for kids and only 2 hours to Adelaide.

Wonder if they will start an air link to Adelaide Airport. only 40 miles across the water. LOL saw a bloke swim across it a few years ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.