re : i have a dilemma, page-31

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    well spoken Richard

if I declare I made a $1 million trade on the ASX yesterday but cannot support my declaration with evidence, I am a liar

similarly, those that declare that Personal God exists are as equally untruthful (despite any good intention on their behalf)

the original dribble in the Drible did not teach about life after death. instead, it taught 'from dust to dust'

the original dribble in the Drible focused on the moral law, such as not murdering, not stealing, not adulterating, not lying & not coveting. it said abiding in such laws will bring long life & happiness. this is true

but these are only natural psychological laws & 'Xod' is simply a metaphor for this lawfulness

to speak of things that cannot be proven is actually being dishonest

however, in religion, this is called FAITH. faith need not necessarily be true if it works to bring a good mental results

the word 'skeptics' is not correct because a person is not a skeptic when not believing in something that cannot be proven to exist

the dilemma of those that believe Xod is a person is that they are actually never speaking anything real or truthful

in reality, Xod is merely law or 'niyama'

Xuddhism can always explain what is real to us:

The laws of nature, although uniformly based on the principle of causal dependence, can nevertheless be sorted into different modes of relationship. The Buddhist commentaries describe five categories of natural law, or niyama. They are:

1. Utuniyama: the natural law pertaining to physical objects and changes in the natural environment, such as the weather; the way flowers bloom in the day and fold up at night; the way soil, water and nutrients help a tree to grow; and the way things disintegrate and decompose. This perspective emphasizes the changes brought about by heat or temperature.

2. Bijaniyama: the natural law pertaining to heredity, which is best described in the adage, "as the seed, so the fruit."

3. Cittaniyama: the natural law pertaining to the workings of the mind, the process of cognition of sense objects and the mental reactions to them.

4. Kammaniyama: the natural law pertaining to human behavior, the process of the generation of action and its results. In essence, this is summarized in the words, "good deeds bring good results, bad deeds bring bad results."

5. Dhammaniyama: the natural law governing the relationship and interdependence of all things: the way all things arise, exist and then cease. All conditions are subject to change, are in a state of decay and are not self: this is the Norm.

http://www.buddhanet.net/cmdsg/kamma1.htm#law

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.