lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Richard21

you say

point one - prove it's false’

You can’t prove a belief to be false.

I say

Then you cant call it false, you can say "you believe it to be false"

you say

You can’t prove a belief in dragons to be false. You can’t prove a belief in Harry Potter and the return of Lord Voldemort to be false. You can’t prove a belief that life was created by a magical hippopotamus to be false. You can’t prove that a belief in an afterlife where we are all Lemurs competing in an eternity of limbo competitions to be false. You can’t prove any of these beliefs to be false; no matter how ridicules they are.

i say,

no, you can't BUT YOU CAN AT LEAST RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEFS.

there are plenty of people whose beliefs differ to mine, but for you to to say "no matter how ridicules they are" that just shows your biggotry to christians.

and who are you to decide what is riduculous and what is not?

you say

Fortunately, something doesn’t exist simply because you can’t prove it doesn’t exist. If that were the case, you must believe that every fictitious character/creation/belief every imaged or that ever will be imagined is real. That is madness.

the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

and again, who are you to decide what is madness and what is sane?

you say

I can’t prove that a belief in a god or an afterlife is false. But you cannot claim that something is true until there is sufficient evidence to support it and evidence to support that belief only. If the evidence also supports another belief, then you still have no way of knowing which belief is the correct one, thus your belief still hasn’t been proven.

i say

my beliefs have been proven to me over and over again in my life, i have all the evidence that I need. but you will have to find out for yourself and to do that you will have to believe it to see it, and you've made yourseld to cynical to even try.

you say

point two and three

I am using the word meaningless to mean an action that does not lead to anything constructive.

I am using the word constructive to mean an action that leads to an improvement in standard of life for all and does not discriminate against, harm or take advantage of others.

i say

Google Pastor Terry Walker and the Tribe of Judah, it's a church in Brisbane. and look for his testimony

Terry was a bikie, drug addict alcoholic before he found God and totally turned his life around.

I would call that (and many more like him) an action that lead to something VERY constructive and an improvement in the standard of life for Terry and his family and friends and EVERYBODY that comes in contact with him. Terry used to discriminate, harm and take advantage of others before he found God,

Now tell me that's not constructive

you say

‘thank you for your permission, didn't think we needed it, but thanks anyway’

You don’t need my permission. You are missing the point. People should be free to do what they want without needing somebody else’s permission if their actions are not harming or disadvantaging others.

i say

so you mean Christians should be free to discuss Christianity on a " religious forum" without having their beliefs attacked and criticised by non-believers. are you going to stand up for christians and tell those athiest who use this forum to stop saying their beliefs are "ridiculous, fair tales,madness"

you say

‘so when atheists beliefs have adverse affects on Christian lives, do you have a problem with that? are you going to march up and down the street and complain when the government forces churches to marry gays against their beliefs?’ ‘

Yes I would have a problem with that. But if somebody believes that eating bananas is wrong, I am not going to stop eating banana to make them happy.

The government shouldn’t be able to force a church to do anything they don’t want to do. If they don’t want gay couples getting married in their church that is entirely up to them and within their right. Fortunately, I don’t think a gay couple would want to get married in a church that frowns on same-sex-marriage. There are plenty of other places to get married (a garden, the beach).

i say

mate, as soon as the government changes the law, gay people will be sueing the churches for discrimination

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2383686/Millionaire-gay-fathers-sue-Church-England-allowing-married-church.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.